Unlike other London acting tutors, I can come to you. Tuition can take place at your own home and I cover Central & SW London and parts of Surrey.
- Free 30 minute meet & greet to find out what a student needs
- Either a one-off session or regular one-to-one tuition tailored to each student
- Sessions available daytime, evenings, weekends, during both term-time and school holidays
- Tuition covers preparation for drama school auditions, sight-reading, coaching for performance pieces for A-Level subjects, study & careers advice, voice work and assistance with Shakespeare texts (see below for further details)
- Extensive catalogue of monologues and audition pieces
- Personal introductions to agents, casting directors and specialist tutors in music and dance
- The first session will last 1hr 45 mins and cost £65. This could be a one-off session or the beginning of structured tuition and each student will receive a resource pack
- Follow up and regular tuition sessions last 1hr 15 mins and cost £45
- Payment is due at the end of each session and I operate a 24-hour cancellation policy
Call me on 07977 939250 to discuss available session dates & times.
Drama School Applications:
Applications to drama schools in the UK commence in September for the following year and involve both online and paper applications, interviews & auditions. Students shortlisted will be asked to return for ‘recalls’ and after these further auditions or workshops find out if they have secured a place. The whole process can take up to 8 months. In my experience preparations should start a year to 6 months in advance depending on a student’s ability. I prepare students for the pieces audition panels will be looking for: modern & classical monologues, sight-reading, and song choices. I specialise in picking the right text for the right student and improving interview technique. There is a broader knowledge of drama required by candidates and I also encourage all students to see a range of theatre productions and read relevant material to enhance applications.
National Youth Theatre Auditions:
The National Youth Theatre is one of the best places for young people to explore their interests in drama and acting and gain real-world experience. It may be a positive alternative to a drama school education or a useful accomplishment to add to drama school & university applications. Many famous British actors have started their careers here and for many it is a creative environment to learn, play and meet like minds. Online applications for 2014 are open now and auditions & interviews take place in January & February 2014. It is open to children from all backgrounds aged 14-25 interested in performing and theatre craft. Check out this link to find out more.
AS & A-Level Studies:
Current texts being studied in schools for the 2013-2014 academic year are:
AQA AS Level Drama & Theatre Studies:
- Sophocles Antigone
- Shakespeare The Taming of the Shrew
- Ibsen A Doll’s House
- O’Casey The Shadow of a Gunman
- Littlewood and Theatre Workshop Oh What a Lovely War
- De Angelis Playhouse Creatures